Two Days

Posted by Anne , Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:53 PM



(Jonsi has the most angelic voice)


So, the trip is coming up swift and sure and whether or not I like it I feel vaguely unprepared. I'm ready and excited but I keep running through a couple of checklists I've made in my mind and making sure I have everything. I have a fear that I'll get there and then be missing all my underwear or something...I almost forgot to pack soap, though I'm sure I could get some Icelandic soup no worries. Good news is that my main bag is underweight so far so I only have a few more things to do tomorrow like triple check my lists, make copies of important documents, call the bank and let them know I'm leaving the country, eat brunch with erin terry and clean my mess of room(s).

I've started daydreaming a bit about Iceland and all I can ever think about is clean air and how good it will smell. Not that Raleigh is overwrought with smog or anything but there's something about cool, clean air that makes me miss fall and rosy cheeks. I've made sure I have my faux moleskins so that I may document anything that comes to mind on the way over and during my stay.

Oh! and call battery plus. that's another thing I need to do. Just remembered that. I need to get an extra camera battery for my cannon so that if my first one tuckers out the other can pick up the slack.

I'm looking forward to cooler weather also, even though my heart resides in the south I can't help but love cold temperatures. Jonsi's voice reminds me of sweet birds, like the kinds in old cartoons that would help tell stories like each song is a narrative.

I want to take pigment photographs.

that's all tonight.
2 days left...though closer to 1 day.
-Anne.

1 Response to "Two Days"

Anonymous Says:

That's so cool! Even if you do forget all your underwear, I'll bet they have underwear stores! ^_^ Just don't forget to be careful to stay upwind of the volcano! Apparently ash can make your teeth fall out. Really...no joke...

http://casgentry.wordpress.com/

Post a Comment